"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Political Map of Canada


I just put up our political map of Canada (a map that outlines the provinces and territories)!  I put it under some super heavy weight 16 gauge plastic on our table top.  My friend had told me they sold it at Walmart, so I picked it up last night. I have done this before in our study of world history with a world map.  We also put missionary cards on one side of the map, marked out where the missionaries were serving and made sure to pray for them daily.  It was a visual cue to remind us to hold them in prayer.  This time with the Canadian map I think what I will do is list the Countries leaders/parties and we can hold them in prayer this year.

 As we have been getting thicker into Canadian History and Geography, I wanted the map to refer to as we talk about where the history is taking place.  I'll try to make up some games to play with this map, to help them learn the regions better. :)  I have also found that a map like this on the table top to be stimulating conversation even during meal time.  The kids are naturally drawn to it, chatting about it while we eat.  I have also observed company do the same. :)  It's fantastic.  There were a couple of times I went to put a table cloth over it for a meal with company but they didn't want me to! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)