Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Tasty Tuesday: GF Donut Muffins
These were so yummy! We made them as a special treat for morning breakfast. They made an even dozen and were gone in no time. The kids told me they tasted just as good as regular donuts. And the best part: they don't have all the fat and calories of store bought donuts!
Here's the recipe:
3/4 cup all purpose GF flour (I used El Peto's corn free all purpose flour)
3/4 cup sorghum flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1. Preheat Oven to 350F
2. Mix all the dry ingredients (except for sugar) together in a medium sized bowl and set aside
3. Place all the wet ingredients along with the sugar in a blender and blend for 1 minute
4. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix just until it is moistened.
5. Pour into buttered muffin tin/stone
6. bake for 20 minutes or until the 'donuts' have a nice golden look
7. You can toss muffins lightly in cinnamon sugar while still warm (a mixture of cinnamon and powdered sugar).
Posted by Cindy at 8:42 AM