"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Home School

So I created this blog two months ago and figured I better get it up and running! :) In an effort to do this I must mention how much we love Home Schooling. There are so many reasons to HS, that I could not possibly put it into one simple post. We had initially put Heather in a JK French Immersion School but I was not completely sure this would be a final solution. She had a good year and typical for a first born did well in the system. However, I continued to pray for our schooling choices. The more I prayed about it the more I realized that the Lord was leading us into Home Schooling. The first two years was a test and challenge as we found our groove with curriculum and scheduling. I was pretty uptight; wanting to do everything 'right'. I have since relaxed and although challenging at times, I have come to see what a blessing it has been to our family. The fact that I can stay home to teach them - spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally is an incredible blessing. As the children have grown and we've added one more Livingstone to the mix I can not imagine our life working in any other way but with HS. It is truly a passion of mine and I am sure as I continue to post you will see why this choice works so well for our children, us and our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)