"Thought breeds thought; children familiar with great thoughts take as naturally to thinking for themselves as the well-nourished body takes to growing; and we must bear in mind that growth, physical, intellectual, moral, spiritual, is the sole end of education." ~ Charlotte Mason

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Precious Living Stones



The name of my blog comes from this passage of scripture:

"So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. Like newborn infants-- long for the pure spiritual milk that by it you may grow up into salvation if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. As you come to Him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, you yourselves are being built up as a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. For it stands in Scripture: Behold I am laying in Zion a stone, a corner stone chosen and precious, and whoever believes in Him will not be put to shame."

I am reminded from this passage that at the point of my conversion I was transformed into a new person and entered into a daily growing relationship with Jesus as I continue to fellowship with Him. I love the phrase here: "being built up as a spiritual house" with Jesus as the chief corner stone. What a beautiful spiritual heritage! I continue to pray this for our family. The greatest gift I can give them is my relationship with the Lord; as I grow up into my salvation. I have indeed tasted and know that the Lord is good. The path is not easy and requires me to daily die to self, I am not by any means always successful with this. But I hope the reality of walking out my faith will be a testimony to them each and every day; that they will realize that when we believe in Jesus we will never be put to shame.

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! Please comment if you like. :)